Wednesday, October 14, 2009

why blog?

Recently i was talking to one of my friends about blogging and then he asked me "why blog? if you want to write something for yourself, why not compose it in a mail and save it.." Though i think i defended myself successfully, this kinda got me thinking.
well i started writing (or thats what i would like to call it :-)) for entirely different reasons. I thought it would be a good forum for essays and improving vocab for an MBA aspirant (long back then)..and then slowly i started realizing the power of blogging. Though i started this entirely for myself to capture my thoughts running at the back of my mind, i began to enjoy reading my previous posts. It was like a mirror of my own mind. It might be a simple experience or thought for somebody who is reading it.. but for me it is like a re-run.. showing a different perspective and reminiscing..giving a deeper insight as to what i could have done better given the same situation at this point of time..sometimes your mind is not clear as to what it wants and i found writing at that point of time helps a lot! it ,sort of, sets things clear because when you write, you try to write the right things...
I would be lying if i say that i dont write for others to read...or atleast that i dont write with the hope of others reading it..its next to impossible..if you think blogging is a one way communication, then you are highly mistaken..you are talking to someone and he is listening to you(by reading your post)...whether reading that post makes a difference to him is a different question..so 'hope' is definitely a motivation factor..it is in fact the ultimate killer and the reason why people think blogging is better than composing a draft and saving it.
But as always, sustenance is the key to anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment