Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Welcome back!

its nice to travel alone sometimes..observe different kind of people, their culture, manners..very interesting.
I usually dont prefer eating out alone. Out of sheer boredom and loneliness, i decided to treat myself to a nice hot indian dinner. Its difficult when you dont have anyone to talk to. so i decided to read during dinner as well. the indian restaurant was pretty and cozy..among the higher end hotels in wiesbaden i must say. the last time i went there, we were given some free 'papad' since we were indians. We also struck a very nice conversation with the indian man at the counter. well, this time i was treated with 'Hi' , 'please sit down' in deustch. Slightly disappointed, i sat on a table, fished out my book from my bag and began reading. To my right were two local women engaged in a very deep conversation about other girlfriends and relations. guess women conversations are the same all over the world :-). In front of me, sat an old couple enjoying champagne..probably their wedding anniversary! I got an occasional nod and 'hi', 'Guten appitite' from these people and also other local people in the restaurant. Sipping on a hot cup of tea with 'The Kite Runner' in my hand, i was at peace. i felt welcome again. Not lonely anymore. At that moment, i was sure to enjoy the rest of my trip. The only sad part was not being welcomed (is there a word like that?) by a fellow indian.

No comments:

Post a Comment